Saturday, October 4, 2014

Birchbox for August and September

https://www.birchbox.com/invite/gv8k7
Birchbox is a monthly subscription box that cost $10.00. It usually ships out the middle of the month and it offers a sample of makeup, body, and lifestyle items. You can fill out a questionnaire to help match items to your likes. One of the things I have come to love about Birchbox is their points system, you receive points for reviews and these points can add up very quickly. Ex: 10 points per item reviewed and you usually receive at least 5 items. 5 items reviewed = 50pts. 100 pts. = $10.00. You also receive points for referrals. 100 pts. per referral so you can see how points can quickly add up.
I'm doing my boxes 2 at a time, so I will include my August and September boxes on this blog. Here is my August box and the products I received.
The theme for August was Hiber-Nation and to Lighten Up. They want us to keep cool and laugh our way into fall.
My first item is the Aloxxi Thickening Serum. It's a small sample, my hair is only about shoulder length and it was barely enough for me. I liked the product but would've liked a couple of uses out of it.
The next item is Harvey Prince Ageless perfume. I fell in love with Harvey Prince Hello when I received it in a past box so I was happy to see this sample. I loved it and I knew I would. I thought I would save my points and use it toward Hello but now it will be a toss up.
ModelCo Shimmer Bronzer is my next item. I had this brand in the past as a lipstick and had purchased a trio about a year ago. I don't really care for shimmers so I probably won't use this but I can always pass it on so I'm ok with it. I know I like this brand and will look forward to other items from them.
Sea Rx Birch Sap Moisturizing Lotion. I haven't tried this yet but always welcome lotions. I do a lot of camping in the summer and will keep in my trailer. I do like the sample sizes for traveling.
Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream - Acai Grapefruit. Again sorry to say I haven't tried this yet, but I will say that I do indeed like this brand. I received Whish body lotion in a past box and the scent was lovely. My daughter enjoyed it so much she asked where I got it from. I ended up getting it for her for Christmas - with my points. (Gotta love those points!)
I thought this was a good box, I was very happy with it and glad to try some new items from brands I've had in the past.


https://www.birchbox.com/invite/gv8k7
The September box was a little different since they gave us the opportunity to be able to choose. I decided to go with the Fashionista Box. We were able to go online and put in our choice out of about 4 to 5 different offerings. Birchbox did this last month as well and their site ran into problems and once it was back up and running the box I wanted was sold out. I started to have the same problems again this month so I decided to get in touch with someone to guarantee I would get the box I wanted.
They changed the style of the box and after getting so many brown boxes it was nice to see this. I don't know if this is a permanent change or not but it was nice.
The first item I have is the Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Supreme Mascara. This is a great brand and I love my mascaras.
Next is Cynthia Rowley Beauty Silver Eyeliner. I received a black liner from this brand and really liked the formula, very smooth and long lasting. Sorry to say I just don't see myself using a silver liner - I guess it just doesn't suit me.
dr. brandt Pores no More Vacuum Cleaner. This is an awesome line of products. I can't say enough about dr. brandt.
Naobay Body Radiance Lotion. This is very moisturizing, it has olive oil and avocado. This is also a very generous sample size, I definitely like the size.
Macadamia Professional Flawless Cleansing Conditioner. I've used the Macadamia Oil and also I have the hair mask treatment they have. I love this brand and I didn't know they carried something like this in their line. I'm going to buy the full size and really give it a good try. I also think they did great offering us such a generous sample.
My thoughts on this box are that I couldn't be happier. I think the sample sizes are very generous and I know these are brands I've used before and have been very satisfied with. I also like that I was able to choose the box that would suit my taste best. I will use most every product so I give this an A+ and hope to get many more like it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment